Of course, I only had my spin shoes with me, so I headed back home.
I grabbed my Garmin, Ipod and Jersey and hit the road.
You know what I love? Having a code for the garage door. It means running sans-keys. I'm a fan!
We covered a little over 7k in 45 mins. The end result? Sweaty Amy = Sweaty doggie kisses.
And a very content Jersey. What a dork.
For some odd reason I decided to make tortilla quiche. This is somewhat miraculous and bizarre, because I don't like eggs.
I do however, like those mini-quiches from M&M. I think it's because the crust is filled with buttery deliciousness that it masks the disgusting egg texture/taste. Also, they are so tiny that the amount of egg in them is prettttty minimal.
1. Sautée veggies
2. Line pie plate with 2 large tortillas
3. Chop spinach and basil, and put on top of tortillas
4. Put veggies on top of spinach/basil
5. Whisk 3 eggs with some greek yogurt, S&P and dump on top of veggies
6. Add goat cheese
7. Bake at 375 for about 45. You can likely bake it less, I just wanted to make sure it was a firm as possible to avoid gross eggy texture.
I actually LOVED it. Goat cheese and basil make anything taste good though.
I ran the recipe through My Fitness Pal and 1/4 of the pie came out to be only 180 cals. Score!
Maybe I will learn to love eggs? Maybe it's an aquired taste? I've been trying to "like" beer for about 12 years now and that hasn't happened so I'm not getting to excited yet.