Last night I attempted to recreate it, and if I can toot my own horn a little, it was pretty much amazing.
Please excuse the pictures, as I didn't finish making it until after dark. They really don't do it justice at all.
In true Amy fashion, I had to healthify it up a notch so I made a few substitutions and the end result was pretty delicious.
Bare with me, while I attempt to write a recipe.
- Chicken broth
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can romano beans
- green pepper
- yellow pepper
- sour cream
- a little milk
- red pepper flakes
- chili powder
- monteray jack cheese
- old cheddar
- salt and pepper
And here is the process.
- Cook quinoa in broth
- While quinoa is cooking, sautée onion and peppers until soft.
- When quiona is cooked, add to the sautée pan with onion and peppers
- Add beans and corn, spices, and the flatten out the mixture
- Thin sour cream out a little with the milk, and spread it out over the quinoa
- Top with cheese and bake in the oven for 30 mins.
I had a little scoop of it along side some sweet potato/black bean enchiladas.