Summer = busy week nights.
Busy nights = a need for quick, easy meals.
Quick, easy meal = enchiladas.
A while ago my darling friend Cathy said "I really need your enchilada recipe" in which I promptly made a mental note to write a post about it, and then completely forgot.
Sorry for the delay Cat.. here you go!
*measurements are not my forté, I just eyeball stuff
1 lb ground turkey
2 sweet potatoes
1 can of black beans
1 package of 10 whole wheat tortillas
1 package of enchilada seasoning (or a handful of spices)
1 can of low fat cream of chicken soup
splash of sour cream
1 can of green chilies
1. Peel and cube sweet potato, and steam it.
2. Sautée onion and ground turkey
3. Once cooked 90%, add seasoning, frozen corn, beans, kale and cooked sweet potato.
4. Allow the kale to wilt.
5. Once cooked roll and place seam side down.
6. Top with sauce and cheese
7. Bake for 30 mins at 375.
I like mine with a little avocado and a bit more sour cream.
Best part? The leftovers for quick and easy lunches.