I wrote a post on Monday (that resides in my drafts) with regards to my lack of zest for exercise lately. As per usual, it was a post where I was incredibly hard on myself.
I was mad at myself for only exercising 3-4x a week.
It's no secret that my summer contains A LOT of baseball. I wouldn't have it any other way. The problem being a) I don't really consider it exercise b) it often involves going out for something delicious afterwards.
I made a rule this summer that I'll only eat wings if we win. Luckily (for my waistline) both my teams don't win often.
Now that I'm rewriting this post with a more positive outlook, who cares if I'm only working out 3x a week.
My dear friend Kelly posted some awesomeness on Twitter the other day that got me to thinking.
A few reminders to myself:
1) It's okay to not workout 6x a week
2) It's okay to eat potatoes
3) The summer is about having fun, if you want poutine eat it.
4) Moderation. Moderation. Moderation.
5) You're 30 lbs lighter than you were last summer. Be happy about that.
6) Lighten the FUCK UP!