Happy New Year my friends!
People have been writing some pretty awesome things about their resolutions and goals for 2014, but first I think I need to reflect a little on 2013.
If I were to summarize 2013 in my current state of mind today, I'd say "It sucked." For those of you wondering what my current state of mind is?
- I feel like my thighs have gotten so big my knees are rubbing together
- My boobs are huge
- I have a back fat
- I feel like everyone is looking at me with disgust.
Harsh, but true. Exercise and nutrition go hand in hand for me and sadly, no exercise = compulsive eating. I hate saying that, but my self control of late is non-existent.
But you know what? In hindsight, from a healthy perspective 2013 wasn't all that bad afterall.
- I lost some weight
- Played an entire summer of baseball injury free
- Fell in love with Crossfit
- found a healthy balance with my eating habits (HUGE!)
I'm heading out on a much needed vacation in a few days for 10 glorious days in the sun.
When I come back? That's when I'm going to get serious about this shit we're calling 2014.